Taste test: These mini cupcakes followed a similar formula to Tastykake's Devil's Food Swirly Cupcakes, with the same chocolate cake base, substituting a peanut butter frosting for the chocolate frosting on top, peanut butter swirls (a darker shade than the frosting) for the white ones on top, and a peanut butter creme filling for the white creme filling.
Also like the Devil's Food, the actual cupcakes didn't really look like the ones shown on the box, as the cake was darker less thick than the picture showed.
They tasted a lot like Tastykake's Reese's Kandy Bars, except in a different shape, in that they combined a chocolate substance and a peanut butter-related substance, but didn't actually tasted like Reese's. (In they defense, it was branded as Reese's Peanut Butter, not peanut butter cups, but who gets Reese's for just the peanut butter?) Still, they were good. Each of the eight packages in the box contained three cupcakes, and it was very hard to resist eating all three in rapid succession. Great with cold milk!
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate and peanut butter smell. Remotely like Reese's.
From the package: “24 Mini Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Flavored Icing and Peanut Butter Flavored Creme Filling”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road