Tastykake Red Velvet Mini Donuts
Taste test: These donuts were generally about half the diameter of typical full-size donuts, so we've seen smaller donuts, but they still fit well into the "mini" category. They had a powdered sugar coating over the entire exterior, so my evaluations of the red would have to wait until I bit in. I did just that to find that the interiors were indeed red, similar to the red in the donuts pictured on the package, but a bit less bright. This was a contrast to the recently reviewed Red Velvet Oreos, which were much more brown than red.
I thought the taste was OK, but nothing great. The red cake just wasn't as tasty for me as a standard donut. The powdered sugar helped a bit, but all in all, I'd rather have a standard mini donut than one of these Red Velvet ones.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild, but sweet.
From the package: “Limited Edition!” ... “Made Deliciously Since 1914” ... “From the Flowers Family of Bakers” ... “Our Tasty Commitment: The Tastykake brand was founded on quality and freshness. Our bakers have been delivering on those principles since 1914. Superior bakery products are the basis of our century long legacy and promise for the future.”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road