Taste test: Much like the other two Tastykake Minis varieties, Swirly Cupkakes and Peanut Butter, this box contained eight three-packs of small, round cakes. While the other two were fairly similar, these took a different approach, with yellow cake that had a Twinkies-like white cream creme filling and sort of nuggets of cinnamon sugar on top, with some of the filling showing through the top.
One thing that did make these similar to the other two was that these were also much thinner than it showed in the picture on the box. Besides that, the overall appearance, particularly on top of each cake, didn't look much like the ones pictured, as there were way fewer of the cinnamon things, and the whole look was just messier. Despite that, the small cakes tasted really good, as each was just a bit more than bite-size and was great on its own or with milk (or, I supposed you could try coffee, though I did not). The mix of cake, creme and cinnamon sugar worked well, and the feel was spongy soft. It was tough to stop eating these!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Great sweet cinnamon sugar smell.
From the package: “24 Mini Coffee Cakes Crumb Topped with Creme Filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (73 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road