Taste test: These rectangular cakes looked quite nice from the outside, with smooth milk chocolate surfaces accented by some peanut butter squiggles on top.
I bit in to find that they were just like the picture on the box, a mostly chocolate cake interior with the chocolate top and bottom separated by a fairly thin peanut butter layer. They didn't claim to be Reese's bars, but rather just to contain Reese's peanut butter to go along with the Tastykake chocolate, and indeed, they were not made by Reese's at all, but by Tastykake, which just licensed the name. That's pretty much what they tasted like, not actually like Reese's, just a mix of chocolate cake and a creamy, peanut butter-like substance. It was still a good moist mix of milk chocolate and PB, pretty good, but it just wasn't really Reese's in any way as far as the taste went.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good chocolate and peanut butter smell.
From the package: “5 individually wrapped peanut butter naturally and artificially flavored creme filled cakes” ... “Made with Reese's Peanut Butter” ... “The Reese's trademark and trade dress and Orange background are used under license.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (84 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (351 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (211 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road