Taste test: These snack cakes had a rectangular shape with a nice smooth dark chocolate exterior decorated by some white peppermint squiggles on top.
Inside, top and bottom layers of chocolate cake surrounded a central peppermint creme layer. Much like Tastykake's Reese's Kandy Bar Kakes, which also licensed a Hershey's brand, these walked the fine line between claiming to be real York and just using their logo to make it look that way. One corner of the box box said generically "5 individually wrapped peppermint creme filled cakes" while the opposite corner said "York peppermint flavored." This was a closer match to the real thing than the Reese's version. The peppermint and chocolate flavor was kind of spot-on York, but just less dense (as we'd expect a snack cake to be vs. a peppermint pattie) and toned down in intensity a bunch. Pretty good for a snack cake with some chocolatey mint, but if you want to "Get the Sensation!" with more intensity and less bulk, you should get a real York.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like York Peppermint Patties, with a peppermint sharpness, but not as strong.
From the package: “The York trademark and trade dress are used under license”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road