Taste test: This box contained eight individually wrapped, brick-shaped cakes, each consisting of two soft chocolate cake layers surrounding a white creme layer. The cakes were fairly big, measuring about 1-3/4 inches wide, 3-1/2 inches long and 1-1/4 inches thick. The creme layer was much thinner than either of the cake layers, which was contrary to the picture on the box, depicting three about equally thick layers.
I bit in to find a good chocolate taste, but the real standout here was the creme. There may not have been that much of it, but the feel and taste were great. It was light and airy and provided a great balance to the chocolate, a really great proportion. Plus, it tasted more like fresh whipped cream than your typical Devil's Cake filling. I was expecting a filling much like Devil Dogs, but this was far better. Woo-hoo, Suzy Q!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice creamy chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate cake layers with creamy filling” ... “She's back! To put a smile on Heather's face.” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering.”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road