Taste test: The two snack cakes in this pack were shaped like bars, with flat surfaces and right angles all around, fully chocolate on the outside. In the hand, they felt fairly dense as snack cakes go.
I bit in to find that within the milk chocolate coating, the interior offered two layers. The top one, representing about 40% of the interior thickness, was peanut butter. The remaining 60% was chocolate cake. Both substances looked much smoother in real life than the very textured stuff pictured on the wrapper.
It was pretty good as a delivery system for chocolate and peanut butter, but all in all, it didn't really scream "Reese's" to me. The peanut butter creme was smooth and creamy, not thick like the distinctive peanut butter in their peanut butter cups. So these were good, but the change from a Tastykake that licensed the Reese's name to this one actually made by Reese's didn't really bring a more authentic Reese's experience.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly chocolate, a change from the peanut butter domination in most PB-and-chocolate items.
From the package: “soft baked chocolate cake topped with Reese's peanut butter creme covered in smooth real milk chocolate” ... “380 calories per 1 package” ... “Mfd. in Canada” ... “The orange color is a registered trademark.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (82 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road