Taste test: When you're on a 14-hour train ride aboard the California Zephyr and find out that frosted donut holes are among the food options, it's an easy decision to buy them. Even with a limited number of choices, I was pretty excited to get these.
When I got back to my seat and examined the package, I saw that it was supposed to contain 13 mini donut holes. It sure looked like more than that, and I had plenty of time to kill, so I counted and double-counted before I ate any. Turned out there were 17 donut holes!
I bit in to find that they we fairly dense but still reasonably soft, with a good sugar coating on the outside. It was easy to eat them in rapid succession, but thanks to the sheer number of donuts and my moderate ability to control myself, I spread my donut consumption out over most of the train ride. They were pretty good, especially under the circumstances!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sugary donut smell.
From the package: “Resealable container … they're Good to Go!” ... “13 Per Box” ... “Committed to bringing you the finest tasting baked goods. Bill Skeens”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Prairie City Bakery
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road