Taste test: These square pastries did indeed look flaky, as they had a croissant-like exterior, with a bit of purplish and white filling spilling out of two opposite ends of the square.
The whole thing felt very light in my hand, so I wasn't expected all that much filing, but when I munched in, I found there was plenty of very flavorful fruit filling. It had a nice real fruit taste with plenty of creaminess and sweetness, without being overly sweet. The pastry around the filling was very light, and the mix of tastes and textures was top-notch. Only six pastries came in the box, so not that any people got to try these, but those who did were very, very impressed.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, fruit and mild. Nice!
From the package: “Artificially flavored apple-raspberry 6 flaky pastries”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Lacta Laka Diamante Negro
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road