Taste test: These square pastries did indeed look flaky, as they had a croissant-like exterior, with a bit of purplish and white filling spilling out of two opposite ends of the square.
The whole thing felt very light in my hand, so I wasn't expected all that much filing, but when I munched in, I found there was plenty of very flavorful fruit filling. It had a nice real fruit taste with plenty of creaminess and sweetness, without being overly sweet. The pastry around the filling was very light, and the mix of tastes and textures was top-notch. Only six pastries came in the box, so not that any people got to try these, but those who did were very, very impressed.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, fruit and mild. Nice!
From the package: “Artificially flavored apple-raspberry 6 flaky pastries”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road