Taste test: These waffles came in an attractively priced 12-pack, each separately wrapped, but they looked quite similar to other individually sold Belgian waffles that we reviewed previously. Each one had an irregular shape surrounding several deep, wide squares of waffle. The actual waffles were about half the size of the ones pictured on the wrapper, based on the number of squares.
For snacking purposes, I will evaluate how they were right out of the wrapper, with no special preparation. They had a dense, soft feel and a slightly sweet taste, with occasional crunches of sugar, though less of the sugar than some other ones we reviewed. For those willing to do some cooking, putting one waffle in the microwave for 30 seconds brought a softer feel and more sweetness along with the heat, a definite improvement overall. Adding butter and/or syrup helped even more, but the waffles were still OK right out of the wrapper.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Buttery.
From the package: “Butter recipe” ... “Product of Belgium”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Overseas Food Trading
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Belgium (27 reviews)
- Butter Snacks (90 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Waffles (31 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road