Taste test: This knockoff of Twinkies looked just like Twinkies, but the box contained only six of the snack cakes, each individually wrapped in clear cellophane.
The taste and texture were very close to the same as Twinkies, with a soft yellow cake enclosing a tasty creme filling, a very moist feel overall and plenty of deliciousness. The individually wrapped pieces (versus 2 that Twinkies typically did) made it easier to eat just one, but it was still tempting to have more than that in one sitting.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same as Twinkies.
From the package: “6 creme-filled cakes individually wrapped” ... “Mrs. Freshley's® products are the finest high-quality snack foods available to you and your family. They have to be — Mrs. Freshley wouldn't have it any other way!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Flowers Foods
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road