Taste test: This rectangular snack cake looked kind of like a brownie, with a chocolate frosting on top plus some swirls of the same color atop the frosting. But I could also see a white creme layer, which would be very atypical for brownies.
I bit in to find that it had a very nice soft, cake-like feel that was very different from a brownie — and quite nice. The mix of chocolate and creme had me eating the whole thing in very short order, as I downed it with a glass of cold milk.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong chocolate smell, but kind of a hint of alcahol.
From the package: “Pastelito de harina de trigo” ... “Hecho en México”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road