Taste test: These brownies has a surprising round shape, pretty close in size to a Coffee Cake Jr., with a brownie-like look for the base cake and a lighter brown frosting over the top (and dripping over onto the sides), plus some crushed peanuts stuck to the top. The box contained eight individually wrapped pieces.
When I unwrapped my first piece, I was surprised to find that the caramel frosting was gooey — this was a very messy one to eat with the hands! I bit in to find lots of caramel and lots of chocolate. I couldn't really taste the small bits of crushed peanuts much, but I could feel them. All in all, a good one, but plan to wash your hands right after eating!
This was the first Little Debbie snack that we've noticed being designated as a "Specialty Recipe." It was marked with a suggested retail price of $3.09, which in general isn't notably high for a package of eight snack cakes, but it did seem high for the way that Little Debbie is generally priced (which is to say, low). However, it actually rang up at $2.50, maybe negating the idea of it being pitched as a premium product.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty mild, but I could smell some caramel and chocolate.
From the package: “Specialty Recipe” ... “Caramel, peanuts & fudge topping”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: McKee Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road