Taste test: These jelly roll cakes from Vietnam were indeed mini, as each individually wrapped piece was a bit under 2-1/2 inches long, with a yellowish beige color (slightly darker on the surface) and a spiral of strawberry filling within the rolled-up cake. The strawberry layer was much lighter in color than pictured on the package, more of a creme color than the jelly color shown.
The rolls had a soft, light feel and a creamy strawberry taste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild strawberry smell.
From the package: “Made in Vietnam” ... “This image is used only for illustration”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road