Taste test: Even more than most doughnut chains, Krispy Kreme has a reputation for selling freshly made doughnuts, and they've clearly worked to burnish this reputation with exposing their in-store factories behind glass and lighting up the Hot Doughnuts Now light when warranted. (It was that mystique that prompted us to obsessively document the construction of their first local store!)
That reputation is why we were so surprised to find that they're now selling not fresh, packaged doughnuts under the Krispy Kreme brand at 7-Eleven. The cellophane pack of six chocolate-covered mini-doughnuts was perfectly OK with a glass of cold milk, but it wasn't notably different from similar products from Hostess, Little Debbie and probably others.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good strong chocolate smell.
From the package: “GREEN SPOTS ON A WHITE FIELD is a registered trademark of HDN Development Corporation.” ... “We're committed to serving you fresh, great-tasting products.”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: TSW Foods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (73 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road