Taste test: This box contained five individually wrapped cakes, with wrapper designs much like the box. They closely resembled Twinkies, specifically the chocolate cake version of Twinkies, but each piece was a bit more generously sized than a Twinkie. They had the same signature three holes in the bottom from the insertion of the white creme filling as Twinkies.
I bit in to find that the feel was somewhat dense and very dry, and the filling was really minimal — vastly less than shown on the package, and also far less than the corresponding Twinkies. Definitely have this one with cold milk if you do, but probably you're better off finding a cake that's moister and has more filling.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good Devil's Cake smell.
From the package: “Chocolate Flavored Sponge Cake with Cream Filling” ... “5x individually wrapped sponge cakes per box!” ... “Perfect for lunchboxes” ... “Product of Turkey”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Bazaar on Cambridge Street. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road