Taste test: This box contained five individually wrapped cakes, with wrapper designs much like the box. They closely resembled Twinkies, specifically the chocolate cake version of Twinkies, but each piece was a bit more generously sized than a Twinkie. They had the same signature three holes in the bottom from the insertion of the white creme filling as Twinkies.
I bit in to find that the feel was somewhat dense and very dry, and the filling was really minimal — vastly less than shown on the package, and also far less than the corresponding Twinkies. Definitely have this one with cold milk if you do, but probably you're better off finding a cake that's moister and has more filling.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good Devil's Cake smell.
From the package: “Chocolate Flavored Sponge Cake with Cream Filling” ... “5x individually wrapped sponge cakes per box!” ... “Perfect for lunchboxes” ... “Product of Turkey”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Turkey (83 reviews)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road