Taste test: This apple pie had an empanada-like shape, with a light sugary coating on most of the exterior.
We bit in to find that the interior had a sugary, somewhat apple-tasting filling, but there didn't seem to be any actual chunks of apple like it showed in the picture. It was more like a congealed apple jam. The filling was fairly thin, and the crust relatively thick, so the crust was probably about the same in total volume as the filling. The taste was pretty decent, but the lack of chunks of real apple made this not seem much like a real apple pie.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild sugary apple smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Palm Oil & Fractionated Palm Oil, Sugar, Contains less than 2% of each of the following: Evaporated Apples (treated with Sulfur Dioxide to preserve color), Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Preservatives (Sodium Propionate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid), Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Cinnamon, Dextrose, Propylene Glycol, Calcium Carbonate, Agar, Natural Flavors, Mono- & Diglycerides Sorbitan Monostearates, Soy Lecithin. Contains: Soy, Wheat.” ... “Product of USA” ... “Real Fruit Filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: JTM Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Dollar General. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road