Taste test: These Ding Dogs took a heart shape instead of the usual round one, while attaching small white, pink and red heart candies to the chocolate coating, retaining the chocolate cake interior and white creme center.
There were generally fewer of the heart candies on the actual Ding Dongs than pictured on the package. That was probably a good thing, because those little things did not work well here. The problem was that while the filling, cake and coating were all very soft, those candies were not, making for an odd feel every time I bit into one of them. So the taste wasn't noticeably different, but the heart pieces became a bit of a distraction.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good Devil's Food smell.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “I'm Ding Dong for You!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Ding Dongs (6 snacks)
- All Hostess (41 snacks)
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (200 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road