Taste test: These Ding Dogs took a heart shape instead of the usual round one, while attaching small white, pink and red heart candies to the chocolate coating, retaining the chocolate cake interior and white creme center.
There were generally fewer of the heart candies on the actual Ding Dongs than pictured on the package. That was probably a good thing, because those little things did not work well here. The problem was that while the filling, cake and coating were all very soft, those candies were not, making for an odd feel every time I bit into one of them. So the taste wasn't noticeably different, but the heart pieces became a bit of a distraction.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good Devil's Food smell.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “I'm Ding Dong for You!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Ding Dongs (6 snacks)
- Chocolate (1753 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (385 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (194 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (87 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road