Taste test: This box contained eight smallish, individually wrapped cupcakes, featuring quite an array of colors. There was teal blue frosting covering the top (and spilling over onto parts of the sides) with some darker blue bits embedded inside the frosting, plus some pink frosting wiggles running across the top. The main part was yellow cake with some red bits embedded inside, plus a white creme filling inside the cake, and even more blue bits stuck to the bottom of the cake.
The Unicorn cakes were a bit messy to eat because the top frosting broke off in clumps, but otherwise we had no complaints here, as the moist, sweet cake made even better by the filling and frosting. Even better with cold milk.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly similar to Twinkies
From the package: “Limited edition” ... “Frosted yellow”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road