Taste test: This version of the hockey puck-shaped Ding Dongs not only incorporated peanut butter into the famous Devil's Food snack cakes, but made a surprising change in the formula while doing so. A regular Ding Dong has a white creme filling surrounded by chocolate cake and coated in milk chocolate. I expected the white filling to be replaced by peanut butter, and it was. The wiggles of peanut butter-colored stuff atop the chocolate coating also seemed within the range of expectations. But I didn't expect that chocolate cake to be replaced by a yellow cake!
The change in cake didn't really matter that much. It still had the expected soft feel, with a tasty combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Using yellow cake instead of chocolate cake probably helped keep the sweetness level more reasonable. The package came with two Ding Dongs, and I ate them both in one sitting with a glass of cold milk.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice creamy PB and chocolate smell.
From the package: “Fudge covered peanut butter cake with peanut butter creamy filling” ... “Made with real peanut butter”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Ding Dongs (6 snacks)
- Chocolate (1751 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (341 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (194 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road