Taste test: This version of Twinkies looked generally the same as regular Twinkies, except that the holes in the bottom had light brown creme instead of the usual white creme (and some of these Twinkies had small brown spots on top as well as some of the creme apparently leeched through the golden cake).
The taste was pretty good, as there was some of the usual Twinkies goodness along with a mild hit of chocolate. I'm a chocoholic who also happens to love Twinkies, and these were not in any way bad, but I would still say that the original Twinkies formula is better than this special version.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice chocolate smell with a bit of Twinkieness too. I like it.
From the package: “Golden Sponge Cake with Artificially Flavored Chocolate Creamy Filling” ... “Limited time!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Interstate Brands Corporation
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road