Taste test: Chocodiles are basically Twinkies covered in milk chocolate. I truthfully don't eat Twinkies very often anymore, but when I have access to Twinkies, I can eat whatever supply is on hand in fairly short order, as it's just the perfect combination of sponge cake and creme filling. In general, I would say that coating anything in chocolate makes it better.
So did that happen here? No. I'm not going to complain about the taste of a chocolate-covered Twinkie, of course, but I just don't think it was better than a plain Twinkie. The original mix of tastes was altered by the addition of chocolate, so it wasn't like I could taste all of the Twinkie and then have it be even better because of the chocolate. The lesson here: Don't mess with Twinkies.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slight chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate Glazed Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Interstate Brands Corporation
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road