Taste test: This version of Hostess Cup Cakes took a round yellow cake, covered the top with golden yellow caramel frosting, covered that with some dark red frosted wiggles and filled the center with a light beige caramel creme filing. The colors looked really good. The taste was also quite good, with a nice soft feel and a good caramel taste with a slight hint of apple.
I liked the taste, but it didn't particularly remind me of a caramel apple. On the plus side, it was considerably less messy than a caramel apple. The only weird thing weird the shape of the cupcakes — most of them were lopsided, with one side of the top much higher than the other.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet caramel smell, but not particularly like a caramel apple.
From the package: “Frosted caramel apple artificially flavored cake with creamy filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (334 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (197 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (77 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road