Barry's Bakery French Twists
Taste test: These pastry twists were fairly big, as each piece was about 3 inches long, with a spiral shape featuring lots of cinnamon sugar on the exterior, atop various shades of beige pastry.
When I grabbed my first piece out of the bag, I was surprised by how heavy if felt in my hand — apparently it was much denser than it looked. I crunched in to find, yes, a somewhat dense feel, but still very crisp and a reasonably light crunch. The disconnect was that for something that looks like this in a fresh, flaky pastry, you expect a soft feel, whereas this was all crunch. But it did taste good, with a nice cinnamon sugar taste and a somewhat flaky feel.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cinnamon sugar smell. Cinnamon was sharp.
From the package: “Layers of Sweet Puffed Pastry” ... “Snack Size only 30 calories per twist” ... “Original Sweet Cinnamony Taste” ... “Non Dairy • No Butter • Low Sodium • No Cholesterol • No Eggs • No Yeast”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: The Source Bakery, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road