Taste test: Based on the picture on the wrapper, I expected this donut to have a chocolate coating over about half of the exterior, plus a ring of chocolate filling within.
I unwrapped it to find even more chocolate coating than expected, as it covered the whole top and bottom and most of the sides. Beneath that was a yellow cake, and biting into it, I found a good chocolate taste and a fairly moist feel. The ring of filling turned out to be less than a ring, with occasional areas of chocolate filling in parts of the expected ring (which in retrospect seems like an equally valid way to interpret the cut-away illustration). It was a pretty good cake, but it really tasted and felt much more like a cake than a donut.
The chocolate was really melty on the fingertips, and the wrapper didn't work so well for holding the donut while eating, so make sure to have a plan for washing off your sticky fingers.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet chocolate smell.
From the package: “Coco Coated Cake With Cocoa Sauce” ... “Consuming 40 grams of sorbitol per day may cause laxative effect.” ... “None of our products contain pork fat and/or pork products.”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Turkey (83 reviews)
- Chocolate (1825 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (211 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road