Taste test: These round chocolate snack cakes from Mexico followed a very similar formula to Korean snack cakes such as Orion Choco-Pie, with two cookie layers surrounding a central marshmallow layer and the whole thing covered with a thin layer of milk chocolate.
As with the Korean versions, the price for this 8-pack was impressively low and the results were quite good, with a nice soft feel, lots of chocolate and lots of marshmallow. Even though they were individually wrapped, it was hard to avoid eating more than one in the same sitting.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate smell.
From the package: “Product of Mexico” ... “Cookie Sandwich filled with Marshmallow and Chocolate Flavor Covering/Sandwich de Galleta con Malvavisco y cobertuna sabor chocolate” ... “Keep well closed and in a fresh and dry place”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Marquez Brothers International Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (135 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road