Taste test: I've never been a huge fan of Devil Dogs. That's not to say that I wouldn't eat one if given the opportunity, but they're just a bit on the dry side as snack cakes go. That's why this new product intrigued me: It appeared they took a standard Devil Dog (which consists of a creme filling between two dry-ish pieces of chocolate cake) and coated it in chocolate. And that's pretty much just what they did.
The addition of the coating made the mix of tastes and textures more like a Ring Ding, and I've always been a huge fan of those. I don't think it was quite the same cake as a Ring Ding, still less moist, but very good — and great with milk.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate smell.
From the package: “8 Creme Filled Devils Food Cakes” ... “Individually Wrapped” ... “Freshness Guaranteed” ... “Since 1896”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: McKee Foods
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wegmans. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road