Dolly Madison Bakery Golden Creme Cakes
Taste test: We've tried a number of snack cakes that looked and tasted a whole lot like Twinkies — but weren't. It took a closer look at the package to figure out that this one crossed a line that the others didn't. Despite the Dolly Madison name on the wrapper, it was actually made by the very same Hostess company that makes Twinkies.
The name didn't make any real difference, as it tasted just like the other clones, and just like real Twinkies. And that's a taste that we always quite enjoy.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just like Twinkies.
From the package: “Golden sponge cakes with creme filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snack Cakes (200 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road