Taste test: This chocolate-coated pound cake came in a somewhat confusing package, as the picture made it look as if the cake were pre-sliced, but when we opened it, that turned out not to be the case. Pre-sliced would have been quite convenient, but we were able to get access to a knife, so it wasn't a show-stopper. The other confusing thing was that this supposed pound cake didn't actually weigh a pound — but it was close at 14.1 ounces.
With our knife, we cut off pieces so that our snackers could give it a try. The cake was soft and fairly moist, so the texture was pretty good. The slices from the ends of the cake had the most chocolate, but the coating was thick enough to be able to taste some chocolate on every slice. The taste was pretty odd, as lemon and chocolate made for a weird combination.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Imported from Germany” ... “Authentic German”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Aldi, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Chocolate (1824 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (211 snacks)
- Lemon Snacks (36 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road