Taste test: This wrapper contained a tray filled with what looked like balls covered with chocolate sprinkles (or Jimmies, as they're known in Boston) with a very dark brown color all around.
When I bite in, I found that the interior was a very moist, soft and dense cake in a lighter shade of brown, with a very intense flavor, mostly chocolate and just minty enough. I liked it a lot — it was quite a change of pace from any of the other chocolate mint snacks I've tried. The sprinkles on the exterior somehow stuck to the cake perfectly without flying off and creating a mess, while simultaneously providing a non-messy surface to hold and leaving my fingertips completely clean. Being being quite tasty, a pretty neat idea too.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like chocolate mint liqueur. Kind of shocking at first, as i didn't expect it, but OK after that.
From the package: “Mini Gâteaux au Menthe”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Denmark (2 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road