D-Plus Hokkaido Cream Pastry Roll
Taste test: This bread-like roll from Japan was round and fairly large, just under 4 inches in diameter and nearly 2 inches thick.
The sides had a light beige color, with some significant browning on the bottom and top. I bit in to find a soft but somewhat dense feel, with a lightly sweet taste that reminded me of challah bread. It was a little denser than challah tends to be, and it came in a shape that was entirely different than any challah I've seen, but the more I ate, the more the taste seemed similar. There was no filling or frosting, as it had the same bread consistency throughout. Very good!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice. Smells like fresh danish.
From the package: “<BAKED WHEAT CAKE> ~ A soft and pleasantly sweet bread, each baked with the natural goodness of brown rice yeast ~” ... “Natural yeast bread” ... “Product of Japan” ... “To maintain quality, this product contains alcohol formulation packet. Yu may experience alcohol scent or slight bitterness in the taste. To soften the experience, please consume the product several minutes after opening.” ... “Best used within 60 days after defrosting.” ... “Tennen Koubo is baked in a unique process with natural sprouted brown rice yeast at its key ingredient. It can keep its freshness for a long time!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Nishimoto Trading Co. Ltd.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road