Taste test: These round chocolate cakes were smaller than the popular marshmallow pies from Lotte and Orion, at about 2 inches in diameter and half an inch thick.
I bit in to find a dense but spongy texture, with more of a chewy marshmallow feel than a melty one. The outside was all milk chocolate, and the inside consisted of a sort of gelatin-like substance in the top center (yellowish in color, definitely not the white shown on the package, and above the cake, not surrounded by it as shown), with the rest of the interior a very dense yellow cake. We shared these around among some post-run beer drinkers, and most people enjoyed the taste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Ingredient : wheat flour, sugar, corn syrup, fructose, margarine vegetable oil, so, process butter, egg, glutinous rice”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (139 reviews)
- Chocolate (1747 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (194 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road