Taste test: These round chocolate cakes were smaller than the popular marshmallow pies from Lotte and Orion, at about 2 inches in diameter and half an inch thick.
I bit in to find a dense but spongy texture, with more of a chewy marshmallow feel than a melty one. The outside was all milk chocolate, and the inside consisted of a sort of gelatin-like substance in the top center (yellowish in color, definitely not the white shown on the package, and above the cake, not surrounded by it as shown), with the rest of the interior a very dense yellow cake. We shared these around among some post-run beer drinkers, and most people enjoyed the taste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Ingredient : wheat flour, sugar, corn syrup, fructose, margarine vegetable oil, so, process butter, egg, glutinous rice”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (137 reviews)
- Chocolate (1723 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (189 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (129 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road