Taste test: This box of chocolate pies from Vietnam deviated from the pattern set by all previous chocolate pies that we've reviewed (and all pies, period, for that matter) in one major way: The pies were not round! Instead, they were bar-shaped. Each of the nine pies was separately wrapped in foil and measured a bit over three and a half inches long, a bit over an inch and half wide and about half an inch thick at the thickest point (right in the center). The wrappers also had lots of air in them.
I peeled one open and bit in to find a very soft, fairly dense, cake-like feel. There were two cake layers surrounding a central marshmallow layer, with a chocolate coating over the whole exterior. The cake parts were a lighter shade of yellow in the actual pies than in the ones pictured on the packaging. There was a nice mix of cake, marshmallow and chocolate. Very good with cold milk!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mild chocolate and marshmallow smell.
From the package: “Main quality criteria: Moisture....<20% Lipid....≥15%” ... “Allergy warning: It may contain milk, eggs.” ... “Product of Viet Nam”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Sunywel America, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Vietnam (13 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (135 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road