Taste test: This version of the Balconi cake promised a yellow cake interior, with chocolate on the outside, plus a bonus layer of chocolate in the center. The brick-shaped cakes were three inches by an inch and three-quarters and about five-eights of an inch thick.
I bit in to find a very soft, light feel, with lots of chocolate and a great cake taste. It was very moist and quite nice. The chocolate coating was quite melty, leaving quite a lot of chocolate on the fingertips. Each individual packet (there were 10 in the box) included a piece of protective cardboard, and while it did help to protect the integrity of the brick shape, the cardboard made it harder to keep the chocolate off the fingers while eating. The cake was really good!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet chocolate smell.
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Italy (41 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road