Taste test: The five individually wrapped small muffins in this box looked like corn muffins, but the Ingredients showed that they were actually wheat-based. Comparing against the cut-away picture on the box, the actual muffins were flatter; had much less strawberry filling, with a duller color; and had a paper lining that needed to be removed from the bottom and sides, which precluded the golden surface color and smooth sides from actually existing.
Since the box suggested microwaving for 10 seconds, I tried muffins with and without nuking them.
Eaten at room temperate, the filling had a custard-like feel and tasted OK, but not really very strawberry-like. The muffin itself, separate from the filling, had kind of an odd taste, not really bad, but not super appetizing.
Warmed up, it was marginally better, as the filling had more of a jam-like feel and tasted better. Certainly not great, but OK.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild berry smell, not precisely like strawberry.
From the package: “– Non GMO – No High Fructose Corn Syrup – No Palm Oil – Zero Trans Fat Per Serving – Made With Artificial Flavors –” ... “Try me hot!” ... “WARNING: The muffin maybe very hot after heating. Do not reheat once cooled.” ... “5 individually wrapped muffins” ... “Made in Spain”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Greenbrier International, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road