Taste test: The five individually wrapped small muffins in this box looked like corn muffins, but the Ingredients showed that they were actually wheat-based. Comparing against the cut-away picture on the box, the actual muffins were flatter; had much less strawberry filling, with a duller color; and had a paper lining that needed to be removed from the bottom and sides, which precluded the golden surface color and smooth sides from actually existing.
Since the box suggested microwaving for 10 seconds, I tried muffins with and without nuking them.
Eaten at room temperate, the filling had a custard-like feel and tasted OK, but not really very strawberry-like. The muffin itself, separate from the filling, had kind of an odd taste, not really bad, but not super appetizing.
Warmed up, it was marginally better, as the filling had more of a jam-like feel and tasted better. Certainly not great, but OK.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild berry smell, not precisely like strawberry.
From the package: “– Non GMO – No High Fructose Corn Syrup – No Palm Oil – Zero Trans Fat Per Serving – Made With Artificial Flavors –” ... “Try me hot!” ... “WARNING: The muffin maybe very hot after heating. Do not reheat once cooled.” ... “5 individually wrapped muffins” ... “Made in Spain”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Greenbrier International, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Spain (39 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road