StarKist Tuna Creations Deli Style Tuna Salad
Taste test: This version of the tuna-in-a-packet seemed a bit ambiguous from the Deli Style name. My guess was that it meant they used mayonnaise, but the marketing copy on the back of the packet mentioned a "delightfully tangy sauce," plus celery and water chestnuts. When I opened it, my original guess seemed prescient, as it looked far creamier than any of the other flavors.
I scooped up some of it with my fork and bit in to find a fairly standard tuna-with-mayo taste, with maybe a hint of pickle (less than we typically get from this type of product) by no sign of that tangy sauce, nor the celery or water chestnuts. Not bad, if you're into mayo with your tuna, rather than the bare tuna used by most of the other flavors.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Typical pickled tuna smell.
From the package: “Behold, the thing sandwiches dream about. Crisp celery, crunchy water chestnuts in a delightfully tangy sauce pair with select cuts of premium tuna to make a mouthwatering sandwich or salad.” ... “Product may contain bones” ... “Product of Ecuador”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: StarKist Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road