StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Tomato Basil
Taste test: After trying the Latin Citrus Microwavables and being mighty impressed by the taste — even cold — I was eager to try more like it, so I was glad to find this one. It promised tuna plus lots of other stuff (barley, tomato, basil, garlic and olives), and but were some surprises hidden in the details on the package. The first ingredient was not tuna — it was Tomato! Also, there were some ingredients not mentioned outside the formal Ingredients list, including Navy Beans, Carrots and Green Bell Peppers.
I opened the packet to find that it looked a lot different from the picture, as it was kind of a mushy mess. I could recognize lots of pieces of barley and some occasional olive slices within the tuna. I grabbed a spoonful and bit in to find a great taste, very flavorful from the tomato and other spices, delicious. I couldn't even taste the tuna. (It was much tastier than Bumble Bee's tomato basil tuna, though that one did consist primarily of tuna.) There was a great hot aftertaste too. Excellent.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, definitely smells like tomato and basil. Couldn't notice the tuna until the third whiff. Nice!
From the package: “Enjoy heated or unheated” ... “Wild Tuna, Barley, Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Black Olives & Extra Virgin Olive Oil” ... “Aromatic garlic, rich extra virgin olive oil and delightful black olives are the finishing touch is to this magnifico Tuscan masterpiece.” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “Product may contain bones”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: StarKist Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Tomato Snacks (103 snacks)
- Basil-flavored Snacks (27 snacks)
- Tuna (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road