StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Tomato Basil
Taste test: After trying the Latin Citrus Microwavables and being mighty impressed by the taste — even cold — I was eager to try more like it, so I was glad to find this one. It promised tuna plus lots of other stuff (barley, tomato, basil, garlic and olives), and but were some surprises hidden in the details on the package. The first ingredient was not tuna — it was Tomato! Also, there were some ingredients not mentioned outside the formal Ingredients list, including Navy Beans, Carrots and Green Bell Peppers.
I opened the packet to find that it looked a lot different from the picture, as it was kind of a mushy mess. I could recognize lots of pieces of barley and some occasional olive slices within the tuna. I grabbed a spoonful and bit in to find a great taste, very flavorful from the tomato and other spices, delicious. I couldn't even taste the tuna. (It was much tastier than Bumble Bee's tomato basil tuna, though that one did consist primarily of tuna.) There was a great hot aftertaste too. Excellent.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, definitely smells like tomato and basil. Couldn't notice the tuna until the third whiff. Nice!
From the package: “Enjoy heated or unheated” ... “Wild Tuna, Barley, Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Black Olives & Extra Virgin Olive Oil” ... “Aromatic garlic, rich extra virgin olive oil and delightful black olives are the finishing touch is to this magnifico Tuscan masterpiece.” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “Product may contain bones”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: StarKist Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Tomato Snacks (101 snacks)
- Basil-flavored Snacks (27 snacks)
- Tuna (20 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road