Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
Taste test: This snack, from the same folks who brought us Salted Egg Potato Chips, promised some heat that the potato chips lacked, while using the same salted egg seasoning. The fish skin pieces had wiggly shapes, gray on one side and orange on the other, with lots of bits of stuff all over both sides.
I bit in to find a great crisp, lightly crunchy feel, somewhere between a cracker and a potato chip. The taste was really good, as I could notice hints of egg and a mild mala pepper taste, and I couldn't taste much in the way of fish. I don't think I would have known from the taste or feel it was fish if it hadn't said so on the bag. The heat lingered in the aftertaste, still fairly mild but quite nice.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mala pepper smell, couldn't really notice the fish.
From the package: “100% real salted egg” ... “Locally produced” ... “Super addictive” ... “Product of Singapore”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Singapore (10 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
- Egg Snacks (13 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road