Good & Gather Sustainably Caught Sweet & Spicy Chunk Light Tuna
Taste test: After reviewing several tuna-filled envelopes from big brands StarKist and Bumble Bee, we're making the dive into store-brand, with this one promising a sweet and spicy take on tuna. This was a BYOS packet — no spork included!
I opened the pouch to find that it looked moist and had kind of an orangish pink color. But it wasn't so moist that there was a puddle at the bottom, despite the reference to draining it when measuring the serving size.
I scooped up some tuna and bit in to find that it was indeed moist, with some minor sweetness initially, transitioning into spiciness briefly and then a growing heat that lingered for quite a while. Not as hot as some other tuna packets, but very tasty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not strongly of spices, but there was enough other stuff there that it didn't smell as strongly of tuna.
From the package: “140mg of DHA & EPA Omega-3 Fatty Acids Per Serving” ... “Wild Caught” ... “Purse Seine Caught” ... “Good & Gather offers great tasting seafood choices that benefit your family and the planet.” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “May contain bones” ... “Refrigerate in a separate container after opening” ... “Serving size 1 pouch drained (70g)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Target Brands Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road