Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Wild-Caught Pink Salmon
Taste test: Since it makes no sense that StarKist (famous for selling tuna) is selling chicken, it's equally senseless that Chicken of the Sea (also famous for selling tuna) is selling salmon. But since we've been reviewing all sorts of shelf-stable packets of things lately, we're reviewing this one too!
I opened the packet to find that the fish within didn't have much of the signature pink or orange color that I would expect — it was much lighter and really just looked like tuna. I did see some black bits, so presumably there was some of the promised pepper. I bit in to find a taste that didn't seem highly salmon-like. I couldn't taste the pepper, nor much of the lemon. It didn't taste bad, and it didn't taste a lot like tuna, but it didn't taste like salmon either.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Really not that different from tuna.
From the package: “13G protein” ... “The Best Salmon” ... “Skinless and boneless” ... “Although care was taken when preparing fish, some bones may remain.” ... “Top your favorite dish” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “1 servings per container” ... “At Chicken of the Sea®, we source only wild-caught salmon from locations with leading sustainable practices. Our salmon pouches are handcrafted in small batches, using simple and natural ingredients that add wildly delicious flavors to your favorite dish.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Chicken of the Sea International
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
- Lemon Snacks (36 snacks)
- Envelopes (21 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road