Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Wild-Caught Pink Salmon
Taste test: Since it makes no sense that StarKist (famous for selling tuna) is selling chicken, it's equally senseless that Chicken of the Sea (also famous for selling tuna) is selling salmon. But since we've been reviewing all sorts of shelf-stable packets of things lately, we're reviewing this one too!
I opened the packet to find that the fish within didn't have much of the signature pink or orange color that I would expect — it was much lighter and really just looked like tuna. I did see some black bits, so presumably there was some of the promised pepper. I bit in to find a taste that didn't seem highly salmon-like. I couldn't taste the pepper, nor much of the lemon. It didn't taste bad, and it didn't taste a lot like tuna, but it didn't taste like salmon either.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Really not that different from tuna.
From the package: “13G protein” ... “The Best Salmon” ... “Skinless and boneless” ... “Although care was taken when preparing fish, some bones may remain.” ... “Top your favorite dish” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “1 servings per container” ... “At Chicken of the Sea®, we source only wild-caught salmon from locations with leading sustainable practices. Our salmon pouches are handcrafted in small batches, using simple and natural ingredients that add wildly delicious flavors to your favorite dish.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Chicken of the Sea International
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Lemon Snacks (36 snacks)
- Envelopes (21 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road