Bumble Bee Sandwich in Seconds Tuna Salad
Taste test: I've always associated tuna fish with tin cans, but nowadays they're selling all different kinds of it in envelope-like packets, in this case with a folding plastic spoon included. After trying the Spicy Thai one from Bumble Bee and liking it, I figured I'd try this more basic variety, which was described as being simply Tuna Salad.
Despite the "Sandwich in Seconds" name, I did not make a sandwich — I just used the enclosed red folding spoon and ate it right out of the packet.
When I make tuna salad, I add lots of mayonnaise to it, and that's what I was figuring they were offering here, especially when I opened the packet and saw a creamy look. It didn't turn out quite like that, as there didn't seem to be any mayo. It tasted slightly pickled, and it was creamy but not in a mayo way. All in all, slightly weird, but OK. It did contain one ingredient that I'd absolutely never heard of before in any snack: Glucono Delta-Lactone
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a pickled tuna smell.
From the package: “Product of Thailand” ... “Dolphin Safe” ... “Ingredients: Light Tuna, Water, Celery, Carrot, Sugar, Modified Food Starch, Water Chestnuts, less than 2% of Salt, Onion, Carrageenan, Mustard Powder, Onion Powder, Acetic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glucono Delta-Lactone, Color Added. Contains: Tuna”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Bumble Bee Seafoods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road