Utz Select Pumpernickel Pretzels
Taste test: These pretzels came with the same "Select" branding and packaging as the butter flavored ones from Utz, and the pretzels inside has the same 3-inch short-rod shapes too, but as expected, they looked quite different. There was a dark pumpernickel color and many white spots, which we assumed to be salt.
We crunched in to find a good pumpernickel flavor but a fairly minimal amount of salt. We shared these with lots of snackers who were enjoying some beer at a bar, and although many people praised the flavor, several people with whom we had previously shared the butter pretzels said that they would rather have had some of those instead. Still, a nice change from the usual pretzels and definitely worth a try if you like pumpernickel.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like pumpernickel bread.
From the package: “Experience the great taste of Utz Select Pumpernickel Pretzels, a delectable combination of classic pumpernickel and pretzel in a light, crunchy stick. With only 1 gram of fat per serving, it's a guilt-free snacking option.”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road