Utz Mini Pretzels Covered with Butterfinger Candy Pieces
Taste test: These midsize knotted pretzels had a light colored coating, with tiny bits of crushed Butterfinger interior stuck to that. The crushed Butterfinger layer seemed far less generous on the actual pretzels than in the ones pictured on the bag. The color was overall kind of a light brown, not the bright orange that I usually associate with a Butterfinger bar. The mystery here was whether the first coating was chocolate or peanut butter. It looked too light to be milk chocolate, and the bag had three separate ingredient lists — Nestlé Peanut Butter Flavored Coating, Pretzel, and Nestlé Butterfinger Topping — none of which seemed to indicate chocolate.
We crunched in to find a fairly soft crunch, as the coatings weren't really crunchy at all (the exact opposite of a Butterfinger bar), while the pretzel inside did provide some minor crunch (though less than your typical pretzel). It tasted like Butterfinger, with a bit of saltiness from the pretzels, so not really much of anything in the way of chocolate. Our snackers were quite thrilled, as people immediately wanted to try some one upon being informed that these existed, and they all raved about the taste once they did try.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a Butterfinger bar.
From the package: “Enjoy the Crispety, Crunchety, Peanut Buttery™ flavor of Butterfinger™ combined with the crispy crunch of Utz pretzels!”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road