Tom Sturgis Artisan Hot Cheesers Pretzels
Taste test: These small knotted pretzels had a yellowish tint to them, with a middling amount of salt visible, and they consistently played the same trick on our tasters.
With the "Hot Cheesers" name, people were expecting at least heat, and nobody sensed any of it on the first bite. As it turned out, all of the heat came in the aftertaste, delayed by just a few seconds, and it was a nice strong kick that gave some nice burn to the mouth and lingered for quite a while. There wasn't a whole lot in the way of cheese that anyone noticed, but people definitely noticed the heat. The texture was nice, as it was a bit more crumbly than your typical pretzels, but our tasters were split on whether they liked the taste.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Tom Sturgis (baking for six decades), is still improving the pretzel. Tom's father, Marriott (Tom Sr.), learned to bake artisan pretzels in the early 1900s's. But you have to go back to 1861 when my great, great grandfather, Julius Sturgis, first baked pretzels to get to the origin of pretzel baking in America ... almost 150 years ago. Today we have fourth, fifth, and sixth generations working together to bring you a wonderful taste of baking history. Sincerely, Bruce T. Sturgis”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Tom Sturgis Pretzels, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road