Tom Sturgis Artisan Pretzel Gems
Taste test: These pretzels from Sturgis brought a shape we've never seen before in a pretzel, remotely nugget-like, but different, kind of like an oversized medicine capsule. They had a dark brown pretzel color generally, with some white areas here and there, plus some salty bits attached. They were small enough that it was easy to grab a handful of several to many pieces.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch, pretty loud but not hard as to risk breaking teeth. There was lots of good pretzel flavor, with a middling level of salt. Good pretzels in a unique shape, but more salt would have been even better.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong pretzel smell.
From the package: “In 1861 Julius Sturgis, in Lititz, PA, started a bakery where he could refine his recipes and methods for making delicious pretzels. Julius' children also learned from their father how to take a few a wholesome ingredients, mix them together, and bake them into tasty treats.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Tom Sturgis Pretzels, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road