Snyder's of Hanover Classic Hummus Filled Pretzel Sandwiches
Taste test: Snyder's of Hanover has been filling their round pretzel sandwiches with all sorts of things lately, but the whole idea of this one threw us for a loop. We've got nothing against hummus, and putting it in between pretzels sounded good, but how exactly do you take something that's perishable like hummus and put it into a shelf-stable bag of pretzels?
We looked over the bag for some answer to that question, but found nothing that even attempted to address it. Barring any progress, it seemed like eating time! I opened the bag to find the same general format as Snyder's other pretzel sandwiches, with two round grid pretzels with nice shiny, brown surfaces and a thin filling in between. The hummus has the typical hummus color, with some of it spilling out a bit through the holes. The first bite tasted like way more pretzel than hummus, and after that there was a strong taste of nicely tangy hummus. This hummus filling brought a whole lot more hummus taste than the various "hummus chips" we've tried that didn't really taste much like hummus at all. Really good!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good strong hummus smell.
From the package: “Enjoy the creaminess of Perfectly Blended Classic Hummus sandwiches between two crunchy, bite-sized Pretzel Snaps! They're a prefect combination!”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Snyder's of Hanover (70 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Hummus chips (11 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road