Snyder's of Hanover Sweet and Salty Pretzel Pieces Maple Bacon
Taste test: After experiencing the Salted Caramel and Cinnamon Sugar versions of Snyder's pretzel pieces, we were thrilled to see an even more ambitious flavor here, as maple and bacon are frequently a delicious combo.
We opened the bag to find that the broken-up thick pretzels came in all sorts of shapes and sizes, with brown parts from the pretzel exteriors and mostly yellowish seasoning covering the exposed interiors, plus lots of sugar visible on those surfaces. We crunched in to find generally a mild sweet flavor, remotely maple-like but not severely so, and there wasn't much evidence of bacon in the flavor, at least initially. Some of our tasters noticed some smokey bacon in the aftertaste. The maple-ish flavor level varied a lot from piece to piece, as did the crunch level. The softer crunch of the smaller pieces was particularly nice.
We shared these with lots of snackers, and opinions were divided. Just the sight of the words "Maple Bacon" on the bag brought smiles to many faces. Most people liked or loved the taste, but a sizable minority quite strongly disliked them.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like maple syrup. Couldn't notice any bacon. Mild but good.
From the package: “New Sweet and Salty Maple Bacon Pieces are a delectable taste experience you have to try! Savor this flavor combination of rich smokey bacon combined perfectly with sweet golden maple syrup flavor. Your taste buds will be singing!”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Snyder's of Hanover (70 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (34 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road