Rold Gold Thin Crisps Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This version of Rold Gold Thin Crisps brought the same thin, double knot-shaped pretzels as the other flavors, but with the Flamin' Hot flavor that's been featured frequently on many other Frito-Lay brands but never before on a pretzel. The surfaces had a whole lot of intense red powder, somewhat unevenly distributed.
We crunched in to find the same soft, crumbly crunch as those other flavored pretzels (an inferior crunch to Pretzel Crisps) and a midlevel hot pepper taste that was certainly unusual for pretzels but worked pretty well. The Flamin' Hot flavoring had a very different effect on these wheat-based pretzels than the many snacks where it was added to potato or corn (often in conjunction with cheese) but it did make for a nice taste. The large, pepper-laden crisps would work well with a creamy dip.
Shop: Buy Rold Gold on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A bit of a tangy smell.
From the package: “It's break time — so make it a happy one! The Rold Gold® Pretzels you've known for years have been set on fire! Rold Gold® Flamin' Hot® Thin Crisps Pretzels are a snack that's so good you'll fall in love. Each bite delivers a crispy pretzel crunch with a sizzle that will set your mouth on fire. Flamin' Hot® heat takes pretzels to whole new level.”
Online store: Buy Rold Gold on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Rold Gold Pretzels (40 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2018.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road