Pretzel Pete Pretzel Pearls Szechuan
Taste test: This bag contained, small, not-quite-spherical pretzel balls, with a fairly typical pretzel color on most of the surface, some darker spots and lots of seasoning visible.
They had a good solid crunch without being too hard and the taste was not bad, but it was a bit underwhelming for something labeled as "Szechuan" with "medium heat." There were some spices that didn't seem particularly Szechuan, and there wasn't any heat to speak of. Generally our tasters found them to be OK, but there wasn't much enthusiasm for these.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild spicy smell, nothing strong.
From the package: “Accented with Exotic Spices” ... “Mild Heat” ..."Pretzel Pearls are the latest distinctive snack from Pretzel Pete. Combining authentic spices and recipes from the Orient with a unique mini-ball shaped pretzel, Pearls offer the best of East and West. Szechuan Pearls embrace the best of the Sichuan province of China. The distinctive blend of garlic, chili, peppers and local spices enlivened further by a pleasing spicy heat is captured in each and every Szechuan Pearl.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Pretzel Pete, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road