Pretzel Crisps Sriracha & Lime
Taste test: This bold-sounding flavor from Pretzel Crisps looked fairly ordinary when I opened the bag, as the flattened knotted pretzels looked mostly like the plain salted flavor, save for the slightest bit of orange seasoning in a few spots.
I crunched in to find a slight bit of hot peppers, black pepper and lime on the first bite, but it faded almost immediately to be replaced by a strong pretzel flavor. Still, the mix of tastes was quite good, as Pretzel Crisps formula of essentially avoiding the bland pretzel interior made that pretzel-exterior-only taste quite nice. The very mild sriracha taste reemerged in the aftertaste, again quite good.
However, despite the claim on the bag, this was hardly a bold flavor, and hot sauce lovers are likely to be underwhelmed. If you're not expecting much heat, or if a very mild sriracha taste works for you, these could be quite tasty. Just not hot!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some lime and a hint of peppers but not really hot or like sriracha.
From the package: “Pretzel Crisps™ are a modern twist on an old favorite. They're the best part of the pretzel — all the flavor and crunch you love — but lighter, crispier and more versatile than ever before.” ... “Bold & Spicy” ... “Resealable for Freshness”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pretzel Crisps (28 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Sriracha Snacks (32 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road